Thursday 18 August 2011

Mmmm yummy, thank you postie ;)

Yay what a wonderful morning I had, not one but 2 packets of fabricy goodness!


Some bargain half meters from the Simply Soilds Sale, above is Moda's 3 Sisters Oasis - Floral Turquoise and Dainty Mud Mask. Below is 3 Sisters Ditsy Mud Mask and Moda's Basic Grey Max & Whiskers - Patches. All a bargain at only £2.50 per half meter! Hop on over there whilst there's some going.



 Also in my Simply Solids parcel were 2 Moda Farmyard charm packs, destined to be used for the Across the Sea quilt along with Fairyface Designs

My other packet was from the lovely Handmade By Mary, a little pile of grey fabrics for my rainbow scrap quilt, I'm not going to show you these as I want to wait until the quilt is finished. Huge thanks to Mary for stepping in where my scrap supply ran out (well in grey anyway!)

Here is a little update on the quilt top so far


I have some more log cabins to do, the border and then onto quilting and binding, I'm off fabric shopping soon hopefully to get the rest of the supplies (which obviously means its not really a scrap quilt as I am buying for it but we wont tell anyone will we!)

I also have a new Maxi Dress made with MORE bargain Simply Solids sale fabric (thank you Mandy!) from a pattern I drafted to show you but I only have horrendous photos taken by me in the mirror (far to embarrassing to share). So lets hope we have some lovely weather at the weekend and my husband can take awesome pictures of me in it skipping around in the corn field out back, well maybe we'll forget the skipping part!

1 comment:

Katy Cameron said...

Ooh, thanks for the heads up on the sale, I was just sucumbing to another quilty project and needed some fabric...