Monday 7 May 2012

Siblings take two

I have to be honest and say I finished up this quilt a couple of weeks ago really. I seem to have a habit of finishing projects and not blogging them!

This is my second quilt made from the fabrics donated by Jennifer and I had just enough batting from the parcel that Sarah sent me to quilt it too :-)


Again I have to admit that I wimped out and did a very simple block design and quilting pattern, just for speed really! I did fiddle with my block size so I could just squeeze those fussy cut birds in the centres, love them!




I am ever so slightly obsessed with striped binding at the moment!


Whoops, I think I need to get back to take the shot a little  quicker!

Here's a new one, I ditched the barn door in favour of the grotty back  door guttering! Don't worry, it was washed afterwards :-)


So of course that is another tick off my list. Meanwhile I have spent the bank holiday making a few pairs of jammy bottoms for my girls from vintage sheets. It seems I may have a few orders from friends for them now too (I do hope so, it will help my FQ Retreat pocket money!)

15 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

What a beautiful and fresh looking quilt. Yet another one to be loved and treasured. Well done you.

Megan said...

This is really pretty. The birds are adorable - and the striped binding is the icing on the cake!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

This is gorgeous and I think your quilting is absolutely perfect

Celtic Thistle said...

What a cheery quilt, the birds are lovely and the stripy binding is just ideal!

Sounds like your Bank Holiday weather will be perfect for sewing :)

Nicky said...

Another happy customer getting a beautiful quilt!

And I'm sure the pj bottoms will go down a treat too! What a great idea to make your own....hmmmm!

Katy Cameron said...

Another fab quilt for the charity. I ran out of fabric for the binding on the last side of my 2nd quilt, not a happy bunny!

Catherine said...

what a fabulous quilt Emily, well done

Annabella said...

Perfect. I love everything about it - especially that stripey binding!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Suberb...again!

Cindy said...

cute, cute, cute! perfect for siblings together - so bright, happy, modern and cheery.

Sarah said...

Lovely quilt, and love the sound of the vintage jammy bottoms too!

Cherie said...

Such a cute quilt! Remember finish quilt. Take pictures. Blog same day =D

Karen said...

Emily this is stunning! What a beauty

Kelly said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Deborah said...

Things I love about this quilt:
Red and turquoise...2 of my favorites
Crisp white fabric
Simple and effective quilting
It's going to a sibling......
Lovely!