Saturday 14 July 2012

Charlie is a very naughty boy...

It has been one of those weeks....not as bad as Hadleys, I only had one real incident so to speak but it was bad enough that it has taken all week and a long lie in today to feel better about it.

It all started at the beginning of the week when I decided it was time to potty train my youngest. Cue LOTS of accidents and not much progress. I decided to stick with it though and see if it got any better over a few days. I spent days hoovering around her, poised with the potty on standby should she start to 'go'. This left little opportunity for sewing. I decided trying to finish the piecing on my BQS3 epp would be the perfect solution. I could do it right by her and drop it in an instant if needed. But then you need to add a very frustrated puppy into the mix, who doesn't like going out in the rain, and was very bored.

Total scenario......abandoned epp whilst mum deals with yet another 'accident', bored puppy see's a very bright and crazy looking mini quilt top dog toy and decides to relieve his boredom with it.....ARGGGGGGGHHHHH!

To top it off said 'toy' didn't agree with him and he promptly threw up all over the kitchen, leaving trails of it out to the back door as I shooed him out. Another accident for me to clean up.

Needless to say I took no photos of it, does anyone want to look at photos of dog sick anyway? I want to remember it like this, as it was



So yes, Charlie is a VERY naughty boy! I hope that one day soon I can muster the courage to start another one of these, that will never, never, never ever be put within dog reach. But for now I am too gutted about the loss of all the hours I put into it to start again. 

That leaves me BQS quilt-less and I really felt bad as my partner I know liked the epp. So wanting to do my best to make it upto them I poured over photo's on flikr and jumped in with both feet to something else they liked, improv. I have never improved before but I think I may again. That said I did pretty much use the mini quilt I fell in love with as a pattern to use.....I hope that's ok?!


I really am pleased with how this turned out and hope my partner is too, I used a treasured MM typewriter sent to me by the lovely Lucy and the last of my precious Hope Valley and a few other bits. Now I just need to decide how to quilt it. I think I am going to bind it in the orange praire flower DS print, I am hoping that will make the orange pop out of the quilt.

I did get more makes done this week but they will have to wait as my children are finally awake (10am on a Saturday, thank you up there!) and I can hear the youngest one trying to free herself from her room by throwing teddies at the door!


17 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Oh no! Charlie must be very firmly in the doghouse right now!!! I love the alternative, but I'm mourning the original right along with you :o(

Canadian Abroad said...

Crap! So sorry to hear that Charlie needs banning to the doghouse - literally! The piecing looked beautiful and I think you are right, we should remember it as it was. But I do have to say that the new block is completely different and completely wonderful too! I am sure your partner will be thrilled.

Love the image of a small person trying to free themselves from a room by hurling teddies at the door!!

Kelly said...

and the moral of the story is to only have fish as pets!!
So sorry that you lost your beautiful EPP, but your new mini rocks!!

Nicky said...

Thanks for the warning as a puppy may be joining us shortly!

I think it should be laid to rest so it can find EPP heaven - I am crying now inside and I'm not even in the swap!

The replacement is fabulous and right up my improv street so if for some mad reason she doesn't like it...you know my address!

Also love the opening door by teddy assault method!

Nicky said...

Thanks for the warning as a puppy may be joining us shortly!

I think it should be laid to rest so it can find EPP heaven - I am crying now inside and I'm not even in the swap!

The replacement is fabulous and right up my improv street so if for some mad reason she doesn't like it...you know my address!

Also love the opening door by teddy assault method!

Celtic Thistle said...

Oh, I share your pain on the potty training, so glad those days are long behind me! I think you have been very restrained with the EPP block devourer, should be on rations for a week at least :)

Liz DandeliondD said...

:0( all that beautiful EPPing :0(
Naughty puppy!

I have to start thinking about potty training the newest Dandelion soon *grimace* He was utterly appalled when I mentioned the use of the toilet to him the other day thought.

The typewriter block is a triumph.

Sarah said...

So sad, so very very sad. Your new typewriter/ds is looking lovely though, keep looking at that one!

Anonymous said...

I hope there weren't any pins in it when it became a chew toy. It was such a pretty piece! Though the new one is looking stunning too so you have one lucky partner!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Beastly animal - he's lucky we aren't headed to Cornwall this year or I would be making a detour with a big pair of hobnail boots!
Potty training is literally sh*t, the theory of doing it in the summer when they can roam about in the garden seems to have gone wrong this year then.
I love the new mini though if its any consolation xxx

Sarah said...

So that's where your beautiful EPP went. Charlie would be in more than the doghouse if he were mine! Your new mini quilt will look great, just such a shame you had to start again.

Isisjem said...

Oh Poop! How awful for you. You must have been so gutted. Although I do like the replacement - completely different style but still lovely. I guess the dog is well and truly in the dog house.

Jenelle said...

Aww! That's sucky! Your EPP project was coming along so nicely! I think I would be majorly deflated too. Your improv pieced block turned out great though!

Sarah Lou said...

Poor you - that sounds like a horrible week! The new mini quilt looks stunning though. Hope things improve!

Cherie said...

That is so awful! The EPP looked awesome. A real shame what happened to it.
The improv quilt looks good! Your partner should love it...if not set Charlie on her ;)

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Oh no, can't believe that gorgeous WIP was ruined! :-( But I do love your improv, its fab! Good luck with the potty training, I think I'm permanently scarred after a year of trying to train E!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Very naughty indeed and very gross! Your epp was beautiful too :(
The improv is gorgeous though!
Aahh potty training, I'm starting the little one in a week or two but not sure I can face it!