Saturday 13 October 2012

Mouthy Squares Tote Bag Done!



Hmmm, this is going to be hard....I have fallen in love with the bag I've made my partner! 

Mouthy Squares Tote Bag by Emily Levey
Mouthy Squares Tote Bag, a photo by Emily Levey on Flickr.

I am secretly hoping that she absolutely hates it, that way I can keep it and make her something else! But I guess I will manage to part with it should she love it too ;-)

My husband so doesn't get how I use my best fabrics and put so much into these....the sketch fabric was so wanted by me for months and I put it into the bag panel the day I finally had enough pennies to get some. My point of view is that if you don't put as much into your swap item you can't expect to get the same back, make sense?



Anyway, that's me all done, keyfob and all (which I am keeping a secret until it arrives) so the first item off my FAL list, hurrah!

I think I may reward myself with some selfish sewing as soon as I get the chance, I had some super exciting news yesterday that I am bursting to tell but it will have to wait, I have a date with Merlin and a rose star block!

24 comments:

Toni said...

Just gorgeous! Great swap philosophy, too!

Catherine said...

It looks fantastic Emily, and I completely agree with your philosophy!

Charlotte said...

I love it!! I wants it :-D

Mrs A. said...

Totally agree with your sentiment. Can see why you don't want to pass it over. Not familiar with the patchwork design but loving it. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh go on, tell!!

If your partner DARES to not like this, they are barred from Mouthy Stitches forever - it is stunning xxx

Sarah Lou said...

Gorgeous! I like your way of thinking too :)

Sarah Lou said...

Gorgeous! I like your way of thinking too :)

Canadian Abroad said...

I've fallen in love with your bag too! It is perfect. And I know your good news. Hope you are still smiling!!

Isisjem said...

You're a tease but glad you have good news not bad! LOVE this bag so please send it to me (whether I'm your partner or not)!

Jenelle said...

You are right! This would be incredibly hard to part with. I think your partner would be crazy not to love it though, so You'll probably have to make yourself another. :)

Liz DandeliondD said...

I am not surprised that you totally love it. It's ruddy gorgeous! I am completely wishing this is for me.
I know someone else who is hoping that too - and probably everyone else in the MS swap.

Ooooh exciting news too! c'mon spill the beans :0)

mammafairy said...

Lovely tote.

You tease! what exciting news?? Oh well you will tell when you are ready.

moira said...

it's a keeper, I'm afraid (especially if it's coming my way :))

Leanne said...

It is a beautiful bag and it is so lovely of you to use your best and favourite when making for others. I love it and so you can send it right along. I hope you can share your news soon.

Sarah said...

Its gorgeous sweetie, and even more special given that you use your favourites in it - you are a total darling. News??! Spill!!!

Second Chance Tan said...

That bag is supreme. I agree that we put so much more time and effort and money into things for other people.... I am trying to change that and actually make myself a lovely bag that I can use - with some really special fabrics (maybe after Christmas there will be time) x

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

No, No, No....I'll have it!

Celtic Thistle said...

Think you will have to make yourself another one, it doesn't sound like anyone is going to pass this one up! You were on a hiding to nothing with that from the start, it is lovely :)

Cherie said...

It's such a cute bag! I love your way of thinking. It's nice to put real time and effort into making something. =D

Kelly said...

It is a glorious tote!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

The tote looks great and I am sure your partner will love it as much as I do my little zippy pouch! I know what you mean- I put a lot of effort and love into the bag I am making and used some of my favorite fabrics so i hope my partner likes theirs too!

Cindy said...

This tote is just gorgeous! You should be proud of it :)

Katy Cameron said...

It's fab, I'm sure she loves it!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's beautiful! I love your swap philosophy...